Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012

A nice fellow from Argentina - Kaiken

I decided today that I will from time to time present you guys some nice red wines that I tasted. It might be helpful for you to try some red wines by yourself or if you just would like to figure out if that is your kind of wine you like. A slight note here: I prefere tannin rich wines.  I will also try to describe the wine, e.g. how does it takes, what I do taste and also in some cases which kind of food it suits.  

Today a fellow from Argentina
Name: Kaiken
Origin: Argentina
Vintage: 2010
Grape(s): Malbec / Cabernet Sauvignon 
Alcohol: 14,5 %
Price: 9,99 €
Shop: Alko
Personal rank: 5,5 of 10 points (10 points = best!)

Actually I was quite in the mood for experiments and experience when picking up that bottle. It has a huge content of alcohol for a wine (14,5%) which I normally wouldn't have chosen, cause this amount can block / cover the taste and smell buds. So that makes it difficult to taste and also you can't drink too much cause it will get to your head. That was also my prob I, had some difficulties to taste and smell it.

Look: Nice intensive red color. 
Smell: Overwhelming (cause of the alc) but some smell like dark berries. 
Taste: Intensive taste (also a result from the alc), a little like dark chocolate and in certain moments a small bitter note (tannins). Leaves a nice aftertaste which has a slight acid taste (not so nice, but interesting).
Tannin(s): A lot.
Food: Good choice for goat cheese and Camembert (high fat require, cause of the high alc), also nice for meat like beef. 
Cooking: Well suitable for Coq au vin.

Résumé: A nice wine with interesting features. Definitely worth a try. 5,5 point out of 10 because it tastes good, but also not more points cause of too much alc covering the taste. 

Hope you got some idea about the wine and might be interested to try it!
À bientôt mes amis! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen