Dienstag, 13. März 2012

A nice fellow from France - Gérard Bertrand - Réserve Spéciale

Oui mes amis I promised to write at least once a week. Well now I am again a little bit late with my post, pardon. However I will make it upcoming weekend up to you with a special post from my last weekend. Just so much information for now, I have been cooking for 6h and also some wines were involved into it - but that was just the Sunday! Friday was also great. Look forward to it! 

Anyway for now a new wine comment: Today a fellow from France. 
When picking this one I wanted something new for me personal. I remember that I once tried a Pinot Noir wine and well didn't had so much good experience with it. To change this I tried this one and was positive surprised. 

Name: Gérard Bertrand - Réserve Spéciale
Origin: France, Sud de France, Chateau L'Hospitalet
Vintage: 2010
Grape(s): Pinot Noir - Grenache
Alcohol: 13,5 %
Price: 10,98 €
Shop: Alko
Personal rank: 6.0 of 10 points (10 points = best!)

Color: The wine has a nice deep dark Bordeaux red. When you are pouring it into the glass it has a slight carmine red.
Smell: Very fruity, a little bit of lavender and cherries.
Taste: It has a black currant taste and also a slight acid taste (might be the cherry) which is really good in supporting the "Grenache" taste.
Tannin(s): A lot.
Food: This wine is excellent for fatty food (e.g. cheeses like Roquefort or sheep cheeses which also have an intense taste). However, the taste is well balanced that it would also be suitable to a salmon meal or could be tried for "red fish meat". 

Résumé: Even tho the wine has 13,5% I must say that I am impressed that it is not influencing the taste and the smell too strong.  In my opinion this is actually a result of the very well done job by the wine maker. The aroma compounds and the tannins are well balanced. Therefore the alcohol is not overwhelming. I am glad that I tried it cause it removed my previous not so good experience about Pinot Noir. 
So if you are interested in trying something new which is a good wine I can only say you should try this one. Also the price is okay. So 6 points.

Hope you got some idea about the wine and might be interested to try it!
À bientôt mes amis!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen