Sonntag, 18. März 2012

Special - Last weekend....part 1

Salut mes amis! Finally a new post on my blog. Guys I am having at the moment a bunch of work piles on my desk and its getting not any less but just even more! Ahhhh....!!! So I am having quite a hard time to write a new post even tho I really wish to do so. Anyway ... bref let's get to the point: What happened last weekend?

The Korean dishes
(c) Choi
Well last weekend, the Friday, I was invited with some other colleges to have dinner at my boss's place. Also a college from South Korea (Choi) was invited. He was going to stay until end of next week and was going to work with my colleges and me intensively. Of course if you work so hard together you also need time to relax and build-up relations (friendship wise). Therefore my boss invited us. We all were having a great time on Friday and some wines which I was unfortunately not able to describe and making pictures of all, naturally when you are in good company you definitely won't ever do this. So well what was on the menu? 
Anselmann - 2010 - white wine
(c) Choi
Actually....I am sorry but I really don't remember the names of the dishes. On the menu were Koran dishes, made by my boss's wife, and WOW they were delicious!!!! There was Koran-made beef, fried king shrimps, fired octopus rings, kimchi/gimchi (that are vegetables which are fermented, you can have them in different taste strength, depending on how long you have fermented them. I tried the short-time as well as the long-time fermented one. Absolutely delicious, in the beginning unusual, but after the second bite, yum!), a special onion(?) soup, but also other dishes like: chicken wings and spare ribs. Pffff (French sound for a full stomach)...it was a feast for soul and body!!! If you have so much good food on the table and plus made by a really great cook (Chapeau!) you definitely need some wines along. We all had a great time and maybe one more drink too much, but anyway thats what happen sometimes and its important to enjoy these moments when they come. 

Moi and some colleges
(c) Choi
The wines we had along the dinner were different ones from white to red. There was a Trapiche  (not mentioned here before, but soon I will write about), a red wine from Argentina, with a lot of tannins but excellent for the food. Also Anselmann (will write about this one sooner or later), a white wine (Riesling = grape) from Germany. Quite dry but just perfect for the kimchi. The others I don't remember 100% anymore, but I do remember the poster so I will go and check them out in the next time. But I do remember we had 3 red and 4 white wines (we were more than 10 people).

However one of my personal highlights on this particular evening was actually what my college Choi said: That his girlfriend and he like my blog very much and started to taste and try different red wines since then! I thought great, now I am also a little bit famous in Korea! I was really happy yo hear that! Thanks Choi and at this part also a warmly welcome and hello to his girlfriend! I am happy to hear that you both enjoy reading my blog. (Okay now here must be some advertisement...so if you two have other friends in Korea who would like to try wines please let them know about my blog!.. enough advertisement). 

Coq au vin in
a Le Creuset cooking pot
During all this good food and wines of course you talk about a lot of stuff. Actually I must say I was so stunned and surprised about the fact that my boss's wife was cooking with Le Creuset cookware (http://cookware.lecreuset.com/). I do have one for myself. They are hellish expensive, but so worth the price. If you cook often and wanna have a perfect distribution of the heat and also a cookware that has a life-time! warranty than this is the cookware you were looking for! Of course its French... however you can also use it for other things than cooking, e.g. like storing in the fridge. Apart of the fact that they are hellish expensive they are also quite heavy, because they are made out of enamel iron. This point actually made me realizing why everyone has so much respect towards their granny. If they lift these pots up like feathers... well a body builder must be a piece of joke compared to them..... Anyway I am drifting apart from what I wanted to tell you. While I was so surprised I started saying that I am impressed that she has a Le Creuset and bla bla bla. Not very interesting for you guys I know but listen what happened afterwards. After some time with good food and drinks, my college and me were always mentioning how good the food is and so, my boss's wife suddenly said that I must be also a good cook... boum... thanks for the compliment. Well long story quite short I ended up promising to cook for my colleges the next Sunday (I also had promised them this a long time ago, so best time to do so). 

So after a short Friday/Saturday night and a long Saturday...OMG....I was having a "slight" hangover and cleaned-up my place and made everything ready for Sunday. I was ready to cook on Sunday.

Apple cake
(Gateau aux pommes)
Quiche de fromage
What was on the menu? Mhm very good stuff:  Coq-au vin with fried potatoes provincial style, Quiche au fromage and as dessert an apple cake! Yum-yum!
The French evening at my place
I was having very much fun while cooking and also baking, however it also toke me quite long to finish it. I had 6h until the guests arrived and a strict schedule and I made it 10 mins before they arrived! Ohlalala...I was exhausted. But it was worth. We all had a second blast on this weekend and some wine and drinks. A Chinese college brought some Chinese liqueur along, which was smelling well lets put it exotic and quite strong (53%).
However there was also another highlight on this evening. I opened up a special bottle. In France when you are having friends over and a good time, sometimes you open up something very special. Because you don't wanna drink it alone, you wanna share it friends and let them enjoy also it. So did I. I was opening a bottle which my dad has given me as a Christmas present. .....


But more tomorrow. It's getting late and I have to rest a little bit. So tomorrow I will continue.
Hope you stay with me. A demain mes amis!

- “The table has its pleasures and wine makes for a cheerful life.” Ecclesiastes 9:6 -

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen